Counselling and Psychotherapy changes us and promotes change in others.
Whatever your reason for considering counselling or longer-term psychotherapy, I provide a trusting, safe, confidential and non-judgemental environment where you can be heard and feel safe enough to identify and share issues that you are currently experiencing. You will be encouraged and supported to speak honestly and openly and be understood and accepted for who you really are. Your journey of discovery-your chance to grow. Effective counselling or psychotherapy helps you make the changes you would like to see happen. The main object is having the motivation to explore your self-awareness and self-understanding and discover new strengths. It promotes increased self-esteem and confidence leading to a more contented life with happier relationships (both with yourself and with others).
I am trained and experienced in the following areas:
- Addiction (15 Recognised Addictions)
- Self Esteem and Confidence
- Sexual & Physical Abuse
- LGBT Issues
- Bereavement, Grief and Loss
- Mental Health, Depression, Anxiety and Stress
- Domestic Violence
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Personal Development
- Sex and Love Addiction
- Dissatisfaction with life-crossroads
- Trauma-Sexual, Physical, Social and Emotional
- Handling Workplace Stress-Conflict
There may be some issues more helpfully dealt with by a specialist organisation. If I feel that your needs would be better served with a specialist organisation, this would be discussed in the initial consultation and appropriate referral made based on mutual consent.
How Can Counselling and Psychotherapy Help and What Benefits can be Expected?
- Ability to cope better in difficult situations clarifying your thoughts and feelings
- Gain insights about your true self through a trusting therapeutic relationship
- Find new coping strategies
- Understand what gets in the way of living successfully
- Explore ways of ‘breaking through’ the barriers-boundaries not walls
- Recognise your own resources and successes
- Improved relationships
- Increased motivation
- Increased confidence and self-esteem
- Better understanding of self and others
- Opening up new ways of seeing, living and relating
- Finding ways forward and making decisions
- Living for today with realistic goals
- Insight into earlier childhood wounds around bullying, low self-worth, dysfunctional parenting due to divorce, ill health, addiction and mental health.